Omega Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to Senior Scientist specialized in cell and molecular biology to join our Discovery Therapeutics team to develop and advance our transcription modulation Controllers, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with senior project scientists and other research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Utilize background knowledge of epigenetics and chromatin organization to independently conduct, optimize and proactively troubleshoot cellular screening assays in a wide range of primary and transformed cell lines
- Expression and functional characterization of novel biologics modalities using various cell systems and techniques (cell-based assays, RNA/DNA/protein isolation techniques, ELISA/HTRF/western blots, PCR, qPCR, etc.)
- Drive and oversee the expression and characterization of bifurcated proteins and other biologic molecules of interest
- Work with effector and/or DNA-binding domains to identify and characterize Omega Controllers
- Design, procurement and maintenance of a plasmid library for Omega Controllers
- Characterization of novel biologics modalities at biochemical, biophysical and cellular levels
- Identification and management of external partners (CROs, CMOs, etc.)
- PhD. or equivalent in biochemistry, cellular or molecular biology, or related disciplines with 2+ years of relevant experience in biotech/pharma
- Strong background in cellular and molecular biology with hands-on experience in the development and optimization of cell-based assays
- Experience in human or mouse primary cell lines a plus
- Extensive experience in gene design, vector construction, and protein expression
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to senior leaders, teams, and partners
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, inclusive, ethical, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.