The Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area in Sanofi is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking highly motivated scientists to lead projects evaluating novel therapies in the fields of Type 2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type 1 Diabetes, Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Autoimmunity and Type 1 Diabetes Cluster in our Immunology and Inflammation Research Therapeutic Area. The successful candidate will have broad expertise in immunology and cellular biology, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to learn and acquire new techniques and methodologies. The position is a hands-on, laboratory based role. The candidate is expected to analyze, record and report data, be able to develop new methodologies, and execute projects with appropriate supervision. The candidate will participate in new target identification and validation to support current and future drug discovery programs. This exciting role will afford scientists the opportunity to be intimately involved in early discovery research and pre-clinical development.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and validate therapeutic targets for type 1 diabetes and other indications through exploration of emerging immunology and disease biology
- Lead drug discovery projects working closely with other disciplines within Sanofi to drive research projects from discovery into early clinical development, providing scientific and technical leadership
- Develop innovative and creative approaches for dissecting complex immunological phenomena that can dictate drug discovery and development projects
- Help establish interactions with collaborators within and outside the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area
- Establish and manage external scientific collaborations, monitor external market, and provide critical assessment
- Provide and promote support for operational excellence according to Sanofi values and ethics
- Responsible for authoring documents to support regulatory filings, patent applications and articles published in peer-reviewed journals according to Sanofi quality standards
- PhD in Immunology or related discipline with 0+ years of industry or academic experience in immunology and in vivo pharmacology
- Track record of excellent recent scientific publications and demonstrated proficiency with mechanistic studies relevant to human immune regulation
- Broad experience with immunological, cellular, and molecular principles and techniques including primary lymphocyte isolation and culture, multi-color flow cytometry, RNA and DNA isolation, quantitative PCR, cloning and cell transfection, immunoprecipitation and immunoblot analysis
- Background in T cells and their role in T cell mediated autoimmune disease
- Strong background in human immunology
- Skilled in cell culture and experience with in vitro functional assays using human primary immune cells is highly desirable
- Ability to work with large data sets and perform bioinformatics analyses is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent publication track record
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; track record of success working collaboratively across disciplines
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion are foundational to how we operate and are embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.