Fact-Checking Policy and Corrections
Mistakes, misspellings, or other miscues do happen. In the event that we publish a story containing objective factual errors, misattributions, or other substantive mistakes, we will correct it as soon as possible and post a dated correction, clarification, or editor’s note near the bottom of the article. If a mistake occurs in a story that first appeared in the print magazine, we will also publish a correction notice in the table of contents of the next possible issue. If you detect an error in one of our articles please email our Senior Editor: email@example.com
1) Comments posted to The Sugar Science website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, or Instagram will be reviewed by a member of The Sugar Science staff soon after they appear on those sites.
2) Comments posted to The Sugar Science website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, or Instagram account are not pre-moderated, nor are they automatically deleted, or censored, and we welcome your ideas —supportive, dissenting, critical, or thought-provoking. We hold the right to moderate comments and remove them if they contain any of the following:
a) are interpreted as abusive
b) are considered libelous
c) contain attacks on any group
d) contain spam, including irrelevant links to commercial websites
e) are off-topic or excessively long
g) promote hate of any kind
h) contain profanity or derogatory language
3) Comments can only be removed by a staff member of The Sugar Science. We welcome other interested parties to alert the staff to a potential problem with a particular comment, but the final decision to remove that comment will be determined by The Sugar Science Team.
4) We (The Sugar Science) reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. We have the right to block access to anyone or group from commenting or from our site(s).
5) All comments posted to The Sugar Science website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, or Instagram are the responsibility of the commenter, not The Sugar Science Team, site administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment on our sites, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold The Sugar Science Team and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
6) The Sugar Science considers comments to be part of the public record and as such will only remove or edit a comment if its content is judged to merit removal based on the criteria outlined above.
The Sugar Science adheres to widely accepted, rigorous, and ethical journalistic practices. The Sugar Science Team maintains a separation from the brand’s commercial activities and functions completely independently from input from advertisers, sponsors, marketers, or salespeople.
The Sugar Science is a 501c3 nonprofit, paid subscribers include: ______
Medical Advice Policy:
The Sugar Science does not give medical advice, and anything written here should not be misconstrued as such.