Benaroya Research Institute oversees all clinical research at Virginia Mason Medical Center and BRI, uniquely combining the expertise of a world-renowned medical research institute with the remarkable care of a healthcare quality leader. BRI supports Virginia Mason clinical investigators in studies across a wide variety of diseases and conditions, such as cardiology, cancer and infectious diseases, while the research led by BRI clinical investigators primarily focuses on diseases of the immune system such as type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, rheumatic diseases, allergies and asthma.
Position # 2020-1659
Title: Research Assistant
Department: Clinical Research
Status: Full-time, days
Supports the Clinical Research Coordinators and assists with a variety of duties related to the conduct of clinical research protocols.
The work largely focuses on attending to administrative details with regard to:
• Clinical Research
• Assist with the study start-up process
• File regulatory documents
• Collect financial disclosure forms
• Schedule subjects
• Complete case report forms
• Transport test article from the pharmacy to subjects (approximately 50-70% of the time)
The Research Assistant may also:
• Perform blood draws
• Collect vitals
• Perform EKG’s
• Recruit, screen and schedule study participants
• Process and aliquot samples
• Interact with subjects as directed by the coordinator for back-up or special testing, e.g., neurology tests, subject questionnaires (approximately 30-50% of the time)
Requires strong computer, written, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a high school diploma. Experience in health care or research is preferable.
Visit https://www.benaroyaresearch.org/resources/careers to apply for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.